AO40 Transmit troubles

Here is a method that works well for me to find my signal on the bird.

First set receiver to hear the beacon.  Now set transmitter to 435.666
MHZ (do NOT transmit).  Tune receiver DOWN 30 KHz and transmitter UP
30 KHz.  This puts you 30 KHz below the beacon.

Transmit some CW dahs and Tune the receiver ONLY.  You should be able
to find your downlink within 30 seconds easily.

Steve