Re: PCsat Optical Comms Experiment

Bob, Gang

Bob Bruninga writes:

> We may cycle the LEDS on and off at about a few second rate to save
> power, this is TBD.

I recall hearing somewhere that LEDs are *more* visible if they flash
rather than being steady-state. Sounds like a good hit: more visibility
*and* less power drain. As I recall the flash rate needs to be higher
than 5 per second. Others on the -bb will probably know more about this
than I do.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org