Screening BBQ Grill and Helix Feed Questions

We're in the process of screening a large TranSystem (K5GNA) BBQ
Grill (not the smaller size).

I have a couple of questions regarding the helix feed / reflector,
for those of you who have already gone this route:

  1)  How many turns did you find works for you on the helix?

  2)  What distance is your reflector plate from the face of the BBQ grill?

  3)  Was there a definite improvement going to circular polarization?

  We're planning on using the G3RUH style reflector (125 mm square)
and G3RUH style
helix (40 mm diameter and 28 mm turn spacing).

Thanks for your time.

Bill Howell

--

Bill Howell