AO40RCV feeding P3T problem: Solved, and another question

I went back through the archives, and finally found the solution.  I added a
LOCALHOST alias(?) in the HOSTS file for 127.0.0.1, and a GARC alias for the
Goddard Server.  Works fine if I use GARC or LOCALHOST in the P3T address
box, as appropriate, but NOT if I use the actual numeric addresses.

Now the question.  All the help files and explanations show using the
numeric value.  How come it works everywhere else, but not on my system?  I
am using WIN98SE, if that matters.

Alan
WA4SCA

To get the attention of a large animal,