Amateur Radio on NPR and on the Web Tuesday

Frank Bauer, KA3HDO posted this to the AMSAT-DC Washington area mailer. I
wanted to add a couple of notes. WAMU's programming is available in real
time in both Real Audio and WIMP (WIndows Media Player) at
http://www.wamu.org/real/index.html. The time is 13:00 EST = 18:00 UTC.

Also note that the program is carried by NPR in some 40 cities around the
country  -- check for local coverage. The following summary of the show is
from the WAMU web site:

> 1:00 - Tech Tuesday: Amateur/Ham Radio
> Any time a crisis strikes, you'll find an amateur radio operator
> nearby, volunteering to aid communications. Ham radios have gone
> high-tech, and are now being used in combination with satellites,
> digital video, and the Internet.

73 de Tom, W3IWI

--------------Frank's Original Message to AMSAT-DC--------------------

I just wanted to give you a heads up that I was asked by DC-based WAMU
(88.5 FM) to participate in their Public Interest program (with Kojo
Nnamdi).   The program will be on Tuesday November 13 from 1-2 pm.

I will be part of their Tech Tuesday session.  The topic of this week's
Tech Tuesday discussion is Amateur Radio.  I was asked to discuss the
Amateur Radio on the International Space Station program.  I understand
that Bob Bruninga, WB4APR, will also be there to talk about PCsat.

The Public Interest session I will be supporting will be carried on 33 NPR
stations throughout the US.  It will also be webcast.  After the interview,
it can also be heard through the WAMU archives using real_audio.  The URL
for Public Interest is:
www.wamu.org/pi/index.html

73,  Frank Bauer, KA3HDO