RE: M2 Fiberglass Boom preparation

David....the covering that this type boom has is called Gel coat....a resin
based, usually colored, covering that is applied to the mold first to make
it the resultant product somewhat shiny, resistant to UV and other
degrading substances that might come in contact with the fiberglass
itself.  However it too degrades over time and like other resin based
products, should be covered either with paint or whatever to stop the
deterioration over time....

73's.....Lonnie  (NT6B)