Re: RHCP/LHCP Cable print goofs on M2

Gunther,

OK, I went back to my notes to see what I really did. I have three sets of
drawings for 436CP42-U/G The original beam has the balun for the FORWARD
driven element dipole going to the front of the beam for RHCP (drawings
dated 5-20-98). I got the 436 Polarity Switch update manual dated 11-29-00.
On the sheet that gives the modified dimensions, the balun is still shown
going to front of beam for the forward driven element dipole. BUT on the
first page a detail drawing is shown and the balun goes to the REAR.

I had a vote of 2 to 1 so I left the balun facing forward. WRONG. That
balun must face rearward. So you have to remove the dipole and rotate the
block and remount. I just went outside to look physically at my beam and
validate this. The balun is rearward, giving RHCP when the relay is powered
off.

So the correct picture is on page one of update manual 11-29-00

Hope this makes sense when you look at your beam.

Jerry, W6IHG