M2 Fiberglass Boom preparation

Dear Fellow Satellite Enthusiasts,

I am in the process of setting up a satellite station, based around the M2
VHF(22 elements)/UHF (42 elements) line of antennas. I am using the M2
Fiberglass boom and will turn the antennas with a Yaesu 5500 az/el rotor.

My question pertains to the fiberglass boom. Do I need to paint it, or in
some other way treat it? I am at 5100 ft (1553 Meters) ASL, 6 degrees south
of the Equator (i.e.: Sun and UV fairly intense). If I do, please advise
materials and process. TIA.

Cheers, and 73,

Norm
Norm Beasley, KO4CB / P29NB