Sapphire and PCSAT

I copied both the 11:00pm EST passes tonight.

Sapphire was quite busy, there was packet going on and there was
voice via the TTS engine.  It was interesting and pretty much
unintelligable.

One thing for sure, it has a GREAT signal.  It was full scale on my
TS2000 throughout the pass.  I did have the SSB preamp on.

PCSAT by contrast was only on for about 1/4 of the pass.  I heard
about 10 or so 1200 baud beacons on 145.825, then nothing.  I didn't
have the 2mtr preamp on, but it was only about an S5 maybe an S7.
This with M2 directional antennas.

Oh, well, wish Starshine has a better orbit, I would have tried that
one as well.

BTW, for those using NOVA, I used Howards and Nando's changes to
wispdde and it worked like a champ.  I plugged in the sat name and
freq and when it came into view, we started doing doppler from
Nova... yeah.

Howard, I'm going to have to debug a couple of frequency items
however.  I put in FM and it never set the mode.  I also had made a
change to turn sat mode off when you were finished... I'll have to
dup against my original changes.  We'll get there.

Alan