Mail alias glitch

If your callsign starts with KA5 through ZZZ, alphabetically, your
callsign@amsat.org mail alias was broken for about six hours today (from
1751 UTC to 2324 UTC Saturday November 10), due to file corruption caused
by bugs in the new online update system. Anyone sending mail to your mail
alias during that time would have received a "User unknown" response.

The file corruption has been fixed, so all mail aliases should be working
again (a few updates made today were lost). The bugs are still there, but
since the system worked for over 6 weeks before exhibiting the bugs, they
probably won't manifest again before I have a chance to fix them too.

If you subscribe to active mailing lists (on other systems) using your mail
alias, your subscription may have been deleted because of the bouncing
mail, so you might have to resubscribe. I recommend you (re)subscribe to
mailing lists using your REAL email address, and not your mail alias. That
way any future problems with the mail alias system won't interfere with
your mailing list subscriptions. It will also reduce the unnecessary load
on the amsat.org system.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

73  -Paul
kb5mu@amsat.org