From: Jim Sanford [mailto:wb4gcs@amsat.org]
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2001 9:20 PM
To: gjmouse@neo.rr.com
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Mic up/down via AO40Rcv additional

Gunther:
I'm not sure I completely understand what you're after.  Is the
comparison done in software so that the output is a STEP?  Or is it some
voltage that you need to compare externally?

If the latter, there was an article in the amsat journal some years ago
on a circuit I use for the FSK birds.  It appeared in 93 or 94, I think.

If the comparison is already done and you get a STEP out, then allyou
need is a transistor to take the pulse and interface to whatever you're
trying to step.

Good luck with it!
73,
Jim
wb4gcs@asmat.org

Gunther Meisse wrote:

> Additional observations. One may only up/dn step the mic during the null
> period between blocks. Stepping during a block messes it up, thus Bad
Block"