Re: ktelemetry-demod , anyone using it ?

On Saturday 10 November 2001 13:40, Douglas Cole wrote:
> Any help would be appreciated and if needed I can email my config.log
> file which shows some of the errors ...
> Or can someone suggest another Linux based demod proggie  that will
> run on a SuSE install ?

I actually got it running, (along with QTelemetryView after mucking
about with getting a new version of Python and the teh QT pPytoin
bindings installed.

But even Jens, the author of ktelemetrydemod, admits that Tom HB9JNX's
demodulator works a bit more robustly than ktelemetrydemod, which was
written as a school project.

What I use to copy AO40 telemetry is:

http://www.baycom.org/~tom/ham/p3d/ for demodulator and

http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~ptdeboer/ham/ao40/

...for viewing and logging. It's basically a ncurses based version of
just about all the function that P3T has on Windows, along with some
nice facilities for graphic display of telemetry channels. There's a
patch at that site for Tom's demodulator, which won't forward blocks
with bad checksums unless you apply it.

 73 de Maggie K3XS