AO40 MB SNR

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, kent wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone else is hearing some deep and fast QSB on the Middle
> Beacon today?...

Which reminds me. Since the MB is in the middle of the passband, then the
SNR relative to the transponder noise floor will be constant.  Would
someone that hears the noise floor post the best measured SNR so the rest
of us have something for comparison?  Sorry if this is a FAQ...

(answer in dB please. S units are useless).

I'm new to this and I am getting about 11 dB with a linear system (though
I suppose if I am truely hearing the noise floor, then circularity wont
matter.  But since I have been told that the MB is supposed to be about 8
dB stonger than users, then I suspect I ain't there yet...

Sorry if this is a FAQ...
Bob, wb4apr