RE: Re: AO40Rcv and soundboards? ditto

At 02:52 08/11/2001 +0000, you wrote:
>Jim,
>  I second that motion. I'm also in commercial broadcasting, and have hade
>the same experiences. You hit it right on the head. I just grabbed an old
>Radio Shack 10k-100k transformer and slapped in between the receiver and the
>audio input to the soundcard. All hum gone!
>73
>Gunther Meisse
>W8GSM
>AMSAT LM:594

Snipped........

And again, from a broadcasting background, every audio and control line is
600hm balanced, shielded twisted pair. Suitable transformers can be had
almost anywhere, preferably centre-tapped to allow for a dc
"phantom-circuit" and ensure ac balance. Keeps RF out too!!!!

FWIW

Norm, VK2XCI
Voice of The Edge of The Outback
njmcmillan@bigpond.com