Anyone using 2.4 GHz yagi's?

Yes I have tried one but the results were not as good as I had hoped for.

I purchased the Wimo 64 element yagi from SSB that has 20 db gain.

After I installed it with the SSB 2400/144 downconverter I could hear the
AO40 beacon pretty well.

But as I tuned around I saw that the signals from other hams were right at
the noise level.

I have now ordered the SSB dish and hope it will be better on AO40.

The Wimo is 20 db and the dish is rated at 24 db so I should see a
difference.

One thing I may have done but didn't was to also install a 2400 preamp at
the antenna.

That may have boosted the received signals up enough that the Wimo antenna
would be acceptable for AO40.

My main concern with the dish is that the wind loading was more then the
yagi style antenna.

Perry WB8OTH  pyantis@compuserve.com