Re: Helix feed

Rm2643,

It makes no difference which end you solder to the connector.  What
matters is how you wound the helix.  Look at the helix as if it
were a wood screw and turn it clockwise if it goes into the wood, it is
RHCP.  If goes into the wood when you turn it counterclockwise, it is
LHCP.  For a feed for AO-40, you need it to be LHCP.  This results in RHCP
from the dish as the reflection reverses the polarity.

Hope this simple explanation helps.

Contact me direct if you have questions.

73...Jim...W5VZF.

Dr. Jim Akers
Dept. of Electrical
and Computer Engineering