Re: Coax Selection

Hi David,

We have a 2-story house, with the shack downstairs.  From the Rig,
out the side wall, up to the roof, and across to the antennas (mounted
on a home-built tripod-ish thing) is 60 to 70'.  I use 9913, and hate
it.  The 9913 replaced a run of RG-214, and did result in a bit
better signal, but not *wow* better.  And, now the UHF run has
water inside, resulting in worse performance.  Probably the VHF run
also, but it's less of a problem there.  Neither end of the 9913, by
the way, is exposed directly to any water; this is all from having an
air leak someplace and the moisture condensing out.  I had to drill a
small hole in the teflon insulation in the end of the N-connector to
let the water drain.  Yuck.

I've done some horse-trading, resulting in a spool of 5/8" hardline
sitting in the garage.  Probably overkill for me, definitely overkill
for you.  From what I've heard, the LMR cable is your best bet.
That's where I was headed before I got the hardline.

73s,

Greg  KO6TH