Re: K7XQ AO-40 Activity Report

Jeff - K7XQ said:
>  <snip> The great thing about it( the 123 MHz IF )is the FT-847 will not
allow you to transmit into downconverter accidentally because it is  out of
band. Thought it might be nice to share what I have worked to let others
know what is out there especially to those who are thinking about getting
on and stations are almost never reported on the DX packet clusters.

Be carefull with this statement.  Although the 847 won't let you transmit
on 123 MHz, if you dial that same radio up to 146, it will be most happy to
transmit.  If you EVER use that radio for any other purpose on 2M (any FM
activity, terrestrial SSB / CW, another satellite that uplinks on 2M - most
of them, etc.), you will still need to switch to another antenna and get
the downconverter out of line.  That's partially why I am using a RECEIVER.
It ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT transmit into the downconverter.

73
Jim Walls - K6CCC
k6ccc@amsat.org
Mobile Radio Operations