InstantTrack in a Window with Windows ME

Last night I installed InstantTrack and InstantTune on a new computer that
uses Windows ME.  The map display works fine in full-screen mode.  But the
display freezes when I press Alt-Enter to put InstantTrack in a Window.  Of
course the text-only display works fine in a Window.

With my old Windows 95 computer, the InstantTrack map display works fine in
a window.

Is my problem something inherent with Windows ME compared to Windows 95?
Is there anything I can do to make the InstantTrack map screen work in a
window using Windows ME?

This might be the final thing that motivates me to switch to true
multi-tasking Windows tracking/tuning software such as NOVA + W6IHG Radio
Tuner.  I am somewhat frustrated with InstantTrack/InstantTune because of
several little problems: InstantTune only works when the InstantTrack window
is "active".  When InstantTune is enabled, the whole computer sometimes
locks up when my screen saver activates or when I switch satellites or
fast-forward the time.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA