Re: AO10 very strong !!!

<pe1rah@hotmail.com> writes

>Today the Ao10 satellite was very strong again.
>I worked VU2MKP in India. It was nice to work him again after some long
>period of weak Ao10 signals.
>
>I hope more amateurs will try AO10 again...

Thanks for the notice about AO-10 William.

Today I worked 5B4AZ, G1WPR, VU2MKP and JN1GKZ
Cyprus was a new DXCC for me on satellite and it was 5B4AZ's first
contact on AO-10 so that was a good start to the day for both of us.

In the past I could never work AO-10 with my setup when it was more than
30,000Km away but today it was workable at 40,000+Km, very strong when
less than 20,000Km!

These days I use my normal tropo setup and work the birds when below 15
degrees. Very deep QSB but still perfectly possible to have good QSOs.

73  John  M1BTR
--
  John@m1btr.co.uk
  QRV 6m 2m 70cm 23cm  Member: AMSAT-UK BATC RIG RSGB UK6mG