Re: AO10 very strong !!!

<pe1rah@hotmail.com> writes
>Today the Ao10 satellite was very strong again.
>I worked VU2MKP in India. It was nice to work him again after some long
>period of weak Ao10 signals.
>I hope more amateurs will try AO10 again...

Thanks for the notice about AO-10 William.

Today I worked 5B4AZ, G1WPR, VU2MKP and JN1GKZ
Cyprus was a new DXCC for me on satellite and it was 5B4AZ's first
contact on AO-10 so that was a good start to the day for both of us.

In the past I could never work AO-10 with my setup when it was more than
30,000Km away but today it was workable at 40,000+Km, very strong when
less than 20,000Km!

These days I use my normal tropo setup and work the birds when below 15
degrees. Very deep QSB but still perfectly possible to have good QSOs.

73  John  M1BTR
  QRV 6m 2m 70cm 23cm  Member: AMSAT-UK BATC RIG RSGB UK6mG