AO40Rcv and soundboards?

Anyone using AO40Rcv for telemetry decoding - have you seen this problem?

Last night I copied over 100 blocks of telemetry - all with bad CRC. I know
something was wrong with my setup.

I have 2 sound boards in my Dell 530 Workstation running Win2K. I had
switched sound boards for AO40 to use so I could dedicate the other one to
RTTY. The Dell 530 has an integrated sound board called AC-97 (the volume
control is labeled " SoundMAX Digital Audio") and I also have a
Soundblaster 16 PCI board.

For many months, I was copying tm on Soundblaster 16 PCI with good results.
I had rewired station for Sweepstakes and had the AO40 audio going to the
AC-97 yesterday. After all the bad CRC, I switched audio back to the
Soundblaster. Guess what, I copied over 300 blocks with perfect CRC.

What gives? One sound board copies perfect and the other is full of errors.

Any ideas?

Jerry, W6IHG
Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC