AO40Rcv and soundboards?

Anyone using AO40Rcv for telemetry decoding - have you seen this problem?

Last night I copied over 100 blocks of telemetry - all with bad CRC. I know
something was wrong with my setup.

I have 2 sound boards in my Dell 530 Workstation running Win2K. I had
switched sound boards for AO40 to use so I could dedicate the other one to
RTTY. The Dell 530 has an integrated sound board called AC-97 (the volume
control is labeled " SoundMAX Digital Audio") and I also have a
Soundblaster 16 PCI board.

For many months, I was copying tm on Soundblaster 16 PCI with good results.
I had rewired station for Sweepstakes and had the AO40 audio going to the
AC-97 yesterday. After all the bad CRC, I switched audio back to the
Soundblaster. Guess what, I copied over 300 blocks with perfect CRC.

What gives? One sound board copies perfect and the other is full of errors.

Any ideas?

Jerry, W6IHG