Re: AW: FT736r recieve gain variations?

   Just a followup - I found the source of my (really huge)
deline in recieve performance in the vicinity of the AO-40
beacon.

  It wasn't my FT736r at all.  The problem was caused by the
Hamtronics downconverter which I have also have connected to
the 2m converter output via a "Tee" connector.  (I use the
hamtronics converter to drive a separate 10m telemetry
reciever.)

  I need to dig out the hamtronics schematic - I'm hoping
I can either re-tune (or de-tune) the input slightly such that
this isn't as much of an issue.

  Without the hamtronics converter in the recieve chain,
the signal from the DEM preamp/3733 converter is more
than enough.  Now I just have to wait for AO-40 to stop
hiding behind the trees...  :^)

  -al
  WB1BQE