Tips for those brave souls going to Windows XP

I've learned a couple of things that will make your life easier when
migrating to WinXP.

a) right click the wisp icon and change the compat setting
of "disable visual themes" to checked

b) Nova has some setup dialogs that don't size right.  That's being
fixed currently so watch for that to be updated shortly.

c) This next one is not verified, but I've experience some strange
problems with Nova under XP.  My current environment has 32bit color
turned off and I'm running in 16bit.  All seems to be normal at the
moment.

d) WispDDE and Wisp seem to work just fine so nothing not worthy
there.

e) dl32 for the EVM (make sure it's the 32bit version) works just
fine with wisp and normal run in a command window

f) UI-View32 for those aprs/aprspsk31 nuts, seems to work just great
as does AGWPE (with some exceptions).  So Tracking PCSAT and
collecting aprs is ok.

Guess that's about the extent of my exploration so far.... More as
something becomes noteworthy.

For the most part, the upgrade was painless and I didn't seem to
experience really any significant problems.  So far the reliability
is very good and the compatiblity was better than I expected.

One note for those of you running parallel device controllers, you
may be out of luck on XP.  It like NT and win2K doen't like you
talking directly to the hardware and fodtrack and some of the other
dos based applications do just that.  So be prepared for some
troubles.

Alan