9612+ TNC / WISP question

I received some great answers from my "New To Digital" question and
one answer from Tom (N0NTX) indicated that there were some issues
with WISP and the KAN 9612+  TNC. I had tried WISP with the TNC with
no results and was thinking it was an operator error till I received
that email. So, if anyone has any suggestion or comments about using
the 9612+ with WISP they would be very much appreciated.

Thanks again,

Richard Lubash
N1VXW
still learning