Re: Re: PCsat frequency

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Norm McMillan wrote:

> >I observed that PCSat has always been a bit high in frequency.
> OK, this explains a few things! (Duh, I know Im a bit slow) Now, does
> anyone know if the sat Rx is a little high too? I use splits to account for
> the doppler on my old Ft 480-R. tx-lo, rx-hi for incoming: no split for
> close, rx-lo, tx-hi for out going.

Receiver is independent, so if it has drifted, it can go either way.  But
it is intentionally a wide filter, so hopefully it doesnt care if it hears
a few KHz off.  But since the PCsat downlink must get into your modern
very narrow 12 KHz filter, it does require  you to tune the downlink for
optimum performance...