Re: 23/13cm dual helix feeds - response

Hello!

              Frederick I`d like to thank you for your attention about
dualband Helix feed 23cm/13cm dish. I`m going to use 2.4m parabolic dish
antena, but I have not sure what kind of feed will be the best for it. I
was found some example of monoband feed with single halfwavelenght active
element instaled in one side open tube box area (or somethink like it). It
work only in horizontal or vertical polarization. I didn`t find anything
for dualband work (23cm/13cm). I found only one conception of dualband feed
 for 6cm/3cm band.
              I`d like to use my 2.4m dish for AO40 fullduplex work (up
23cm/dwn 13cm) and for EME test also.  What kind of feed will be the better
for 23cm/13cm EME work (maximum gain dB)? Is the possibly to build good
(without less dB) dualband feed dor 2,4m dish(with saved good area function
on each band)?
              I think then 3dB to 6dB drop in level when use Helix feed its
to much for EME dish antena. I will try to use 2.4m dish for it, and 6dB
down level is like normal 1.2m  dish.  The 2.4m dish with good make feed
will give 27 to 28 dB on 23cm and nearly 33dB on 13cm band (I think so)??
              If you have some experience in "normal" dualband feed please
give some info about.

Best regards

Rafal SP9VFD