Re^2: New Zealand 'walkers' on PCsat

On Sat, 27 Oct 2001 11:38:20 -0400 (EDT), Bob Bruninga wrote:

 > Then just tell them to put the D7 on 145.825  with a path of VIA
 > W3ADO-1 and bingo, you can still track them...  Actually, if they are
 > using RELAY or WIDE already, then PCsat will respond to those as well, but
 > only if it is not in a SAFE condition.  The call W3ADO-1 works all the
 > time.   And PCsat can hear a D7 just fine...

 > de WB4APR, Bob

Bit of a problem there Bob, The last pass of the day for ISS is about
07:30 (local) and the first pass of the day for PCSat is mid afternoon.
The walkers start their day at about 07:30 - 08:00 and are vusually
finished for the day by about 15:00. Coupled to this, Tony ZL6RTB (G3RKL)
is not an experienced satellite user and, to my knowlege, has never
actually tried transmitting into any sort of spacecraft. I did try to
perk his interest into trying but the best I could do was to have him
listen for the ISS and receive a couple of short messages from me. Also,
as far as I know, they dont have any software to predict pass times for
spacecraft.

All I can do is TX estimated locations for the group but this will be
subject to uneducated guesswork and may be a bit inaccurate..

Cheers,
        Alan. (ZL2VAL)

-- Arachne V1.67, NON-COMMERCIAL copy, http://arachne.cz/