Separate RX feed for IC821???

Has anybody seen a similar mod for the Icom IC821?  This
radio seems to have a similar layout to the FT-847, with
separate RX and Output boards for each band, with the same style
mini coax cables and plugs connecting them.  Also, the back
wall of the chassis has two extra pairs of blanked-off holes,
right behind each RX board, that look perfect for installing BNC
sockets...

I was thinking of chopping the existing cables to make the mod,
but I was wondering:  Are replacements available for a reasonable
amount of money?  Is it possible to get compatible mini-plugs to
install on new coax, so the mod can be plugged into the sockets
on the RX board, instead of having to solder to the board?

Do all the Japanese radios use this same style of mini coax plug/socket?

Doug
NA1DB