improving 2400 MHz receive

Terry Carroll wrote:

Circular polarisation is a must, perhaps you are using an unmodified BBQ
dish and need to cover the reflector with some mesh and use a circular
polarised feed, either a short (4.25T) helix or a Patch. This should be make
about 2.5 dB improvement.

Wayne replies:

I would like to take a survey of those who have converted a BBQ dish/dipole
feed to circular polarization.

1. How much AO40 receive improvement did you get?
2. What kind of feed did you use?
3. How would you judge the difficulty/durability/repeatability of the
conversion?

Thanks in advance.  I would be interested in making the conversion myself
but I don't recall ever reading any reports of an easy conversion that
offered significant improvement.  I'm also concerned about additional wind
and ice loading.

Wayne Estes W9AE