Re: PSK31 & SSTV AO-40

>  The AO-40 passband is a vast wasteland when you get 30k from the beacon
>in either direction. This might not be true in the future. I have no
>problem with operating PSK31 and SSTV 70k below the beacon. That's where
>I will be from now on. So be it...
>  Does anyone disagree with using the 70k below the beacon for this
>activity?
Very good, Jeff, and I do agree with John.  The other "big birds" usually
operated
cw in the bottom half...And good to get the habit pattern started now; I'm sure
we'll be crowded down the line, but right now one can call cq on cw until
one is
blue in the face, and never get an answer below the beacon.  There are some
stations above on cw.  Now those operators don't get your tail in a knot, as I
use that half now also for cw, but only because no one is below the beacon.  If
all of us "digiteers" go down there now it will establish a good pattern.

Now of course when Phil Karn gets going we will all be "digiteers" as I
understand
it, but understanding Phil is never easy for me!!

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....