RE: Variable RF (output)

Hello Bill,

> Are there any creative means that folks are using to avoid LEILA
> on rigs without variable output (e.g. Yaesu FT-790)?

I'm usually portable when operating with an FT-790. My uplink is the FT-790,
a 50W amp and a homebrew 8+8 ele crossed yagi.

To reduce power, I either (a) remove the top 4x4 elements of the yagi or (b)
off-point the uplink yagi.

Not perfect in a fixed station environment, but it works well portable or in
the garden.

73 Howard G6LVB