Re: "keps" for Sun

"Fred Kennedy" <fredk@kcbbs.gen.nz> wrote:

>Could someone please provide me with the appropriate
>"keps" for the Sun.  I realise the limitations but need to track
>(roughly) for a solar cell experiment.

No such animal, nor can there be - the Sun does not orbit
the Earth, so satellite orbital models do not apply. The NORAD
orbital models don't apply to the Earth/Moon system either.

There are lots of programs out there that provide this
information. I like xephem - handy also for things like
Jupiter's moons.

Grid: CN89lg                    pied a terre..."
ICBM: 49 16.57 N 123 0.24 W        - Hospital/Shafte