Re: itamsat IO26

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Mario A. Natali wrote:

> is somebody using the digipeater of itamsat io-26 ?
> I am trying to catch the bird on 435.822, but I can not hear any signal.
> Tks de i0naa, Mario

We have had permission to use UI digipeating via AO16, LO19 and IO26 since
about 1998 I think, but the most we ever got on the air were 12 people and
only for a weekend special event (see web page below).  I doubt with that
level of interest that the owners are paying that much attention to
keeping it up..  (I listened a week or so ago and also heard nothing, but
want trying real hard either...)

But it is interesting that you can digipeat via those birds (when they are
enabled) with only a laptop and a sound card.  Since both the Manchester
uplink and PSK downlink can be done with audio only...  Ah... so many
toys.. so little time....

de WB4APR, Bob