RE: Feed for Ch Master 1m

Rich,

I just picked up a 1M Channel Master dish at a local hamfest.  I've been
experimenting with a patch feed for it and it seems to work very well.  I am
still in the very beginning stages of this so I have no "real" data to
share.  The patch feed I am using is based on a 7N1JVW style.  His web site
is in Japanese but this link is partially translated to english by Yoshihiro
Imaishi:
http://www.excite.co.jp/world/url/body?wb_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.geocities.co.
jp%2FTechnopolis-Mars%2F3025%2F7n1jvw%2F&wb_lp=JAEN&wb_dis=2

Here is Yoshi's version:
http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley/4703/temp/2400patch01.jpg

and construction details here:
http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley/4703/temp/2400patch02.gif

This patch was VERY easy to make.  Again, I have not made any real
comparisons between my R. Myers BBQ dish with linear feed and the new
Channel Master 1M offset dish.

I found some info on this dish at W1GHZ Online Microwave Antenna Book,
chapter 5:
http://www.qsl.net/n1bwt/contents.htm

I also know that someone is using a G3RUH/ON6UG patch very successfully on a
1.2M Channel Master dish (W8GSM http://www.wmfd.com/w8gsm/ ).  The patch
details can be found here:
http://www.jrmiller.demon.co.uk/products/patch.html  It's a little too
pricey for me (~$145US) but I've heard nothing but great results from its
use.

Good luck and let me know what you find out.  My time is limited, so I don't
get a chance to experiment as much as I would like.

I also found a complete assembly/installation manual on the web for the 1M
Channel Master dish.  Of course I misplaced the URL, but I do have a hard
copy of the PDF file if you need it.

Regards,
Tim - K3TZ