RE: "keps" for Sun

On 23-Oct-01 Fred Kennedy wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>             Could someone please provide me with the appropriate
> "keps" for the Sun.  I realise the limitations but need to track
> (roughly) for a solar cell experiment.
> Cheers
> Fred

They don't exist.  Here is Dr. T.S. Kelso's (from celstrak.com) description of
why along with some notes on how to calculate it:
http://www.celestrak.com/columns/v04n05/#FAQ09

Here is a description of how to calculate it from James Miller, G3RUH:
http://www.amsat.org/amsat/articles/g3ruh/112.txt

There are also several tracking programs that calculate it.

On the Linux/Unix/Open-source side:
predict         http://www.qsl.net/kd2bd/predict.html
             or http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ftpsoft.html
                     under Linux or source code
satcom          http://leonardo.spidernet.net/Copernicus/22420/
trk             http://www.qsl.net/ik5nax/

You can also get it by running predict in server mode and connecting as a
client.

I'm sure if you ask, someone will have suggestions for DOS/Windows.

Or if you explain a little more about what you need we could help some more.
Are you trying to track it with a rotator?
Do you need az, el for a spreadsheet to do calculations?
Are you trying to figure out satellite illumination?
What is your prefered OS?