Follow-up: DH 80cm dish and helix feedhorn

Hi Folks!
Had a beautiful Sunday afternoon/evening here in central Jersey paired with
an excellent AO-40 orbit. Ideal outdoors antenna testing conditions to check
the the 80 cm dish and helix feedhorn antenna with the TSI converter.
Signals were great and had real "armchair" copy. I guess conditions were in
general very good because most of the comments heard in the downlink were
about having very good reception. I was a bit surprised because of this very
good signals because I usually have better AO-40 reception when it is over
the Pacific than over the Atlantic, and this was an Atlantic orbit.
As said in my previous message I could not make a head to head comparison
with the BBQ, however I was able to compare the DH dish and feedhorn with my
small DSS dish (next project is helix cup for the DSS dish). Signals were
exactly and consistently 2 S units better with the 80 cm dish. At around
MA100, the beacon was S8 (Noise floor is S 0/1) with the DH dish and S6 with
the smaller DSS dish.

Here are the photos of the testing setup:
http://www.qsl.net/kc2hax/ant/deckrx.htm

Best 73 de antonio, kc2hax/ea4le