FT-817 and CAT interfacing

Does anyone have the protocol documented relating to the 'cloning' of
this rig? The CAT protocol in the manual does not allow memory storage
but it can be done as a download from the computer by letting the
computer think that it is another unit.

I really don't want to manually enter 200 memory locations. I find this to be
a rather nasty drawback. I like the unit otherwise, but this can be a
combersome activity. If someone has the cloning protocol or has
reversed engineer it, could you provide a copy? I am planning on
developing software for this unit and will make it available as well when
finished.

Reid Bristor
Bristor Associates
URL:	www.bristor-assoc.com