Military Hardware

For those that like this sort of thing, here is a picture of a US Army
tropo-scatter system I saw at an air show today.  Here is what the soldiers
told me:
- it operates from 4.2 to 5.0 GHz and has a "normal" range of 500-700 miles
- it uses two dishes for receive, but normally only one for transmit (I note
dual feedlines to the feeds)
- it has a "normal" power output of 10 kW, but can be "cranked up" to 15 kW
- positioning is all manual
- the dishes are approximately 60 inches diameter.
- no word on when this would be available surplus

Enjoy....
http://home.swbell.net/k5oe/antenna_02.jpg

73,
Jerry, K5OE