Re: Yaesu G5400B Rotator Bearings

At 02:58 AM 10/20/2001 -0400, Bruce Nolte N3LSY wrote:

>The rotor uses about 100 3/8 inch loose ball bearings (I miked one to
>make sure of the size), and I would like to replace them with stainless
>steel balls if possible. The rotor only saw light use, so the races look
>in good shape.  Anyplace I might try on a Saturday for them in the
>Baltimore area?

Look in your phone book for a bearing place. They sell loose bearings. You
want to use a grease like molly-tech ep-2. I'm not sure of the spelling but
this grease is water resistant.Don't be afraid to use lots of it..

73, Bill N4XEO

E- Mail mailto: n4xeo@amsat.org
home page: http://www.qsl.net/n4xeo
F.A.D.C.A.: http://www.fcrosby.com/fadca