Re: Deaf DEM 2400-144RX

re: shorted MMIC holes

I carefully ran an exacto knife around all my MMIC "holes" on the DEM board
before I soldered them in. I did not, however, ohm each tab out, which I
plan to do now.

The other working theory is that I may have fried the gate oxide of the FET
with static. Someone is sending me some anti-static procedures to go through
(ground strap, on me, on the soldering iron, I would suppose) that worked
for them. I have a replacement FET coming in the mail.

I also plan to go component by component through the receive chain with a
very careful exam looking for cracked parts... there really isn't much to
the circuit when you think about it.

Bill
W1PA