Re: Yaesu 5400

At 07:55 AM 10/16/2001 +0100, SM0TER wrote:
>I have just disassembled my elevation rotor to replace the pot.
>

>Looking at the bearings there are only 20 balls on each end. Is this
>normal as it does not completely fill the bearing cage?
>There appears to be place for 24 or 25 balls.
>
>When reassembling I will replace the screws used to hold the case together
>with M6x15 hex head bolts.
>This should disassembly a little easier next time.
>

>73 Bruce SM0TER/K3ZAQ

Hi Bruce

No all of the spaces should be filled. Just make sure you use the right size.

Just make sure you use something like never-seize on all threads and you
will be able to get it apart down the road...

73, Bill N4XEO

E- Mail mailto: n4xeo@amsat.org
home page: http://www.qsl.net/n4xeo
F.A.D.C.A.: http://www.fcrosby.com/fadca