	From:  Keith O'Brien [SMTP:n4zq@ij.net]
	Sent:  Tuesday, October 16, 2001 2:37 PM
	To:  AMSAT-BB
	Subject:  [amsat-bb] AO-40 and PSK31

	With my marginal AO-40 S Band receive capability, 18 turn Helix
antenna
	through a Drake 2880 downconverter, I've been playing around with a
terrific
	HF weak signal mode - PSK31. Having had a few experiences with some
	successful CW QSO's on AO-40, I thought I give PSK31 a try till I'm
able to
	get a dish antenna going. Being on the other night when AO-40 was at
59k KM
	and a fairly good Squint angle I was able to hear my PSK31 downlink
fairly
	well. That with a modest 15 W uplink budget. The problem is I would
like to
	be able to run full duplex PSK31. Being able to recieve my uplink
would help
	in testing and correcting for doppler.

	Having experimented with a number of PSK31 program, back in the
WB4APR 10
	meter parrot days, I know that some programs copy better then
others.
	Example: Digipan didn't print as well or at all when compaired to
WinPSKse.
	W1SQL's, copy 20 PSK31 signals at once program, was also excellent
with very
	weak signals. But none of them supported full duplex. So the
question goes
	out, does anyone know of a PSK31 program that will do full duplex?

	Look for my PSK signal around 2401.270 +- when the Squint is low and
the
	bird in view of Florida. 73 and thanks for your help.. Keith N4ZQ