WiSP DDE

Using WinOrbit and WiSP DDE for Doppler shift control of my IC-746, I
find the downlink on PCsat and ISS on 2 meter frequencies to move up in
frequency as the satellites approach.  I am new at satellite tracking
programs but have read that the Doppler shift should start higher than
the actual transmit frequency of the satellite and then go lower as it
approaches.  Is there something that I am missing in the set up of
either WinOrbit or WiSP DDE?  I know that I can assign the downlink
frequency to the uplink window and uplink to the downlink window in WiSP
DDE and it seems to work correctly.

New satellite user.

Jerry