Re: 9600/38k4 baud question

 > Is anyone on the list using the Symek ZDF IF demodulator in their FT-736R
for
 > 9600 baud?  Does this approach have any benefits as compared to swapping
out
 > the 736's IF filter?  I'm thinking that it preserves the standard IF
passband
 > on the data port but provides enhanced 9600 baud capability, true?  Symek
 > also sells a 38K4 IF demod.  If I wanted 9600 and 38K4+higher capability
in
 > the same radio, should I add BOTH units, in effect winding up with:
 >
 > a) the internal 1200 baud data port
 > b) A 9600 baud Symek port
 > c) A 38K4 baud Symek port
 >
 > Or can I just add the 38K4 and be done with it?  Too wide for 1200 or 9600
 > use, that's why I think I need both?
 > 73's
 > Ray - WB3ABN
 > Kingston, WA

Been there - done that...
By carefully tweaking the 38k4 IF demod I was able to get both 9k6 and 38k4,
but at a price  :((
Recommend you install both boards, and also tweak the FT736's IF circuits
involved, check with the service manual!
On my modified FT736 on a good pass I usually  get more the 2 mb. of
download
from Tiungsat1, 38k4, using  2x DSP56k2 with G38K4RUH.asm and G3RUH.asm as
tnc.

73's
Bjoern -LA5ZL