PSK-31 Satellite

PSK-31 Satellite:
As I announced at the AMSAT Symposium in Atlanta, the Naval Academy has
two more launch opportunities next Nov.  We are comitted to putting two
more TNC's in orbit, just like PCsat.  Design must be complete by Xmas.

What I solicited at the conference was that I would also like to fly a
10m SSB receiver that could be switched into the 2m FM downlink.  Thus,
2.4 KHz or so of analog PSK-31 uplinks can be transmitted back down with
no doppler on the FM downlink.

Anyone with a 2m FM rig and a sound card could copy say 24 or more
simultaneous PSK-31 uplinks...  And because the FM downlink preserves
exactly the spacing and position of each uplink relative to a pilot tone,
then everyone can account for their own uplink doppler independent of what
the satelltie or other users are doing.

What I need is someone to build the XTAL controlled single frequency 10m
SSB receiver with high linearity...  Make it fit in somthing the size of a
cigarette pack and draw minumum power.  Audio output level of a milliwatt
or so.

Im busy with all the rest of the comm system, so maybe this is something
that someone else wants to tackle.  The way I see it, this has all the
advnatages of the FM birds (for easy downlink) yet all the bandwith to
support LOTS of simultaneous QSO's using PSK-31.

No promises, but we gotta try...

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob