Re: Idea for portable dish

William,

"aluminium cloths" will be a good RF reflecting material. Evaporated
aluminum file must be on the cloths.

I made a potable stressed dish for AO-40 using umbrella. It works very
nice. I made many phone QSOs with this antenna. You can see it on my
web site.
   http://www.din.or.jp/~m-arai/sband/ante.htm

Its refrector face is aluminum sheet. The sheet is evaporated aluminum
film on exppnded polyethylene sheet. I cut the sheet, joined them by
tape and fixed it to umbrella using tape.

Thickness of the sheet is about 2mm. This prevent to fulr compactly.
I'm looking for another refrector material. I know "survival sheet".
It seems difficult to join them and fix to the umbrella. Because I
don't want to use TAPE next try. hi.

See you on AO-40.

JN1GKZ  Masa
   jn1gkz@jamsat.or.jp     http://www.din.or.jp/~m-arai/