Re: Yet another antenna controller

Of course you're re-inventing it, but that's half the fun!

I have done a very similar project using a 16F876 and I
am very happy with it.  You can see the copy
of the source code at www.dougbraun.com/ham.html
(There is also the code for a couple of other 16F84
projects I did.)

The serial interface is based on the Icom C-IV protocol,
so my antenna controller can be controlled by the same serial port
as my IC-821 radio.

The actual circuits consists of the 16F876, a relay driver
IC, 4 relays, the usual voltage regulator and oscillator stuff,
and a few Rs and Cs for the analog inputs.  I built it on
some handy PC boards that are sold by www.dontronics.com.

Let me know if you would like any more info.

Doug
NA1DB