RE: Idea for portable dish

Hello William

> I have some idea of an umbrella-alike principle.
> The problem is only to find an RF reflecting material,
> that can be foulded or packed very little.
> I know there exists some kind of "aluminium cloths",
> that is used for medical use to warm up under-cooled
> people. When such material works, then it must be
> possible to make an dish that can be very easy to
> transport and can be very light weight.

You might like to see the description and pics of my new portable umbrella
dish at this year's AMSAT Symposium. http://www.g6lvb.com/brollydish2.htm

It fits into a cardboard tube 8cm in diameter and 75cm long. The tripod it
sits on weighs a lot more than the dish.

We had solid armchair copy with the beacon at S9 (downconverter floor S1) at
apogee with the described configuration.

73 Howard G6LVB