Re: Idea for portable dish

Hello William,

Take a solid dish and cut it up with a metal cutting saw.

Label all parts to indicate how they will be re-assembled.

alternative #1: cut into pie shaped sectors and splice together with
	small plates at the joints.

Alternative #2: cut the center out, then cut the outer ring into
	equal sectors, splice with metal plates at the joints.

after assembly, the small gaps between dish sectors do not
significantly effect the dish performance.

Metal plates would use 4 screws, with heads flush mounted and
countersunk to minimize dish working surface distortions.

I had a 4' dish like this, but heavy winds blew it off the tower
and it was no longer a parabaloid, after the impact.

Stan, WA1ECF