Re: AIDC 3033 3' BBQ Dish

On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Tom Busch wrote:
> I was told the focus 12 and 1/2 inch, but the original dipole was at 13 and
> 3/16ths.  Fortunately it is not very critical.
> I can't tell any difference either.
>
> At 05:42 PM 7/1/01 , Kenneth Shutt wrote: >I have several AIDC 3733
> Systems... >Does anyone know the diopole to dish spacing that is
> optimum?  I have tried >short, medium (~12 in.) and long and can see
> little difference.

Wow, now that I finally found some time to start working on my Sband
receive, I went to all the 31 emails I saved on the subject of AIDC
downconverters, and find that all of them have to do with the model 3733
and yet I have the 3033.  What is the difference?

Also, K5OE's article in the amsat symposium says the focal length is 15.5
inches for the AIDC feed, but the above two emails and my own 3033 are
much shorter.  My 3033 can be mounted as short as 11 inches and as long as
12.75 inches from the dish.  But nothing close to 15.5?

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob